Memorial Park Cemetery
Laurel Oaks is a funeral home, memorial park and perpetual care cemetery. That convenience, that simplicity, can be a blessing at a time of duress. In one location, we offer all the services your family needs to honor your loved one. Having the service and the memorial site in one place simplifies decision-making and logistics through and also spares family and friends the drive from service to cemetery.
Chartered by the Bearden family around the nucleus of an old country cemetery, our 71-acre memorial park goes back to the early Dallas settlers and serves all faiths. Preserving the cemetery’s heritage and abundant beauty was foremost to the founders: “Laurel Oaks must be a restful, inspiring place where people would like to go and linger. It must be a place of songs, birds and colorful flowers . . . of things that inspire and uplift you.”
The soaring lacy oaks that give Laurel Oaks its name welcome visitors, like a good friend, to the gentle hills and beautifully kept lawns that comprise our memorial park. Flowers . . . they’re what everyone notices. Laurel Oaks is one of the few cemeteries to permit artificial and fresh-cut flowers year-round. Allowing our visitors that cheer and liberty more than outweighs the extra maintenance.
Our memorial park includes:
- A perpetual-care cemetery with both upright monuments and flat markers
- Our newly constructed garden mausoleum, an above-ground alternative in a courtyard setting
- Our new “Garden of Memories” containing cremation niches
- “Babyland,” a special cemetery section devoted to families that have lost an infant.
Our gracious, comfortable and well appointed funeral home provides a gathering place for friends and family to honor loved ones. From large funeral gatherings to an intimate service, from religious ceremonies of any faith to personalized tributes with a special theme, Laurel Oaks has the flexibility to meet every need.
Our facilities include:
- A chapel that seats 160
- Four visitation rooms
- Staterooms with TV capability in each for playing memorial DVDs
- Private family rooms adjoining the chapel
- State-of-the-art projection system with drop-down screen
- Complete music capabilities — live and recorded. Family requests welcome.
- Photo and memento display areas.
- Ample parking for large gatherings
To view a map of Memorial Park Cemetery, click here.