Rules & Regulations
Under the perpetual care system of Laurel Oaks, proper care of graves and the grounds is assured without cost or trouble to lot owners. Individuals are requested to report any oversight promptly and to observe the following rules.
- All graves are kept level, sodded with grass, and its removal is prohibited. No raised mounds or trenches can be permitted.
- No objects such as, but not limited to, toys, crosses, shells, trinkets, boxes, pinwheels, glass objects, pictures (accept approved cameos), luminaries, drugs, drug paraphernalia, pornography, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products or any type of temporary flower holders shall remain on the grave, memorial marker, niche or crypt fronts.
- Drinking, fighting, etc. will not be allowed.
- No objects are permitted on any of the trees.
- Lot Owners who have not purchased an approved marker with a vase are permitted to put flowers on the grave during holidays. They will be removed soon after the holiday (see Holiday Schedule below). Laurel Oaks Memorial Park assumes no responsibility for the loss or damage of the flowers.
- Flowers may be placed on the grave in an approved vase flower holder obtainable from Laurel Oaks Memorial Park at a nominal cost. Flowers placed in this cemetery regulation vase will remain in the vase. Any other objects such as but not limited to, pinwheels, wind chimes, birdhouses, crosses, luminaries, etc. will be removed.
- Picking flowers, wild or cultivated, breaking or injuring trees, plants, shrubs, or any other property in said cemetery is strictly prohibited. Private planting or alterations thereof is under direction of the management in all details, and will be permitted only upon the written approval of the management. A reasonable charge will be made for services rendered.
- Laurel Oaks Memorial Park reserves the right to enter lots, without notice to lot owners, for the purpose of reseeding grass or to remove any unauthorized plantings, or planting which has become detrimental, diseased, overgrown, or unsightly.
- Cars and other vehicles are not permitted on the grassy areas, or access roads used for maintenance purposes. The speed limit in the cemetery is 10 miles per hour. Radios must be turned down or off.
- Jogging, bicycling, and pets are prohibited in the cemetery. Building equipment, garbage containers, and permanent fixtures are property of Laurel Oaks and should not be tampered with.
- Children should be under the supervision of an adult at all times while visiting in the cemetery.
- Only markers that have been approved by the cemetery may be placed on the graves. Laurel Oaks reserves the right to set all markers. No foot markers or benches are allowed. Niche plaques will only be installed by Laurel Oaks Memorial Park.
- Intentional damage to cemetery property or anything within the cemetery is punishable by law.
Laurel Oaks Memorial Park is designed and maintained for the living as well as our beloved deceased. The cooperation of all those whose interest are here will help make your cemetery more beautiful with the passing of time. We respectfully ask that you observe the rules and regulations of the park and in this way help us to maintain the serenity of the park and the dignity of our deceased.
Visiting Hours are from 7:00 A.M. until dark daily. Visitors are reminded that Laurel Oaks is a sacred place and should be treated as such. Slow speed, quiet and reverence must be observed. Laurel Oaks is a private Memorial Park and the right is reserved to refuse admittance anytime.
Laurel Oaks Memorial Park is not responsible for any containers or objects placed at any interment location. Lot owners may inquire at the office for any unauthorized containers or objects (jars, vases, crosses, etc.) which may have been removed for park maintenance purposes.
In courtesy to others and to assist with park maintenance, we ask that all trash be removed and placed in the trash cans located throughout the park.
The previous page is a summary of a portion of the Rules and Regulations adopted by the Board of Directors of Laurel Oaks Memorial Park and are subject to change without notice. These rules shall govern the conduct of everyone who visits Laurel Oaks.
Management would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.
Scheduled Holidays are as follows:
- New Years
- Valentine's Day
- Mother's Day
- Memorial Day
- Father's Day
- 4th of July
- Grandparent's Day
- Veteran's Day
Decorations: May be placed on the grave 7 days before the holiday and will be removed within 2 days after the holiday. This will give you time to pick up what you might wish to keep.
Birthdays and Anniversaries: Items may be placed on the grave 3 days before the event and will be removed the following day.
Laurel Oaks Memorial Park is not responsible for lost, misplaced or stolen items.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us keep the cemetery clean.