A funeral represents a purposeful opportunity to reflect on the meaning of a life that has been lived and to determine the impact of that meaning for the family and friends. There is no single proper funeral service. It is a time for human sharing in its deepest sense. You and the ones you love are at the very center of the process, and the choices you make will determine its significance for you. As you participate in the planning of the funeral service, you help create a meaningful experience for everyone.
It is the goal of Laurel Oaks Funeral Home & Memorial Park to help people complete the relationship with the one who has died and to provide a climate that encourages each person to give and receive emotional support. During the funeral service, family and friends have the opportunity to relate to each other at the deepest levels and find mutual strength.
Salute and celebrate the life of your loved one with a service of your choosing:
- Memorial service in our chapel — The chapel at Laurel Oaks Memorial Park is a lovely and convenient choice for memorial services. With a capacity of 160, it is suitable for all faiths and types of services.
- Memorial service in the place of your choice
- Graveside services, with or without viewing
- Columbarium or mausoleum services — Memorial services can be held at the site of interment just as with burial in our cemetery. Our newly constructed granite mausoleum for above-ground burial offers a courtyard setting for services. Memorial services also can be held in our new “Garden of Memories” for cremation niches.
- Personalized or theme memorial services utilizing A/V and photo/memento displays — Laurel Oaks is fully equipped to host individualized services in special gathering areas. This type of service can augment a traditional memorial service or stand alone.
- Internet memorials — Keep the legacy of your loved one alive through tributes, stories and pictures in a memorial site dedicated to your loved one; offered by Laurel Oaks and its technology partners.
How Your Funeral Director Can Serve You
When a death occurs, your primary responsibility is to yourself and the ones you love. There are a number of things that require attention simultaneously. Regardless of the day or hour, Laurel Oaks Funeral Home & Memorial Park is always prepared to respond to your needs quickly and competently. The funeral director's main function is to assist you with the necessary details of the funeral process. Among the services funeral directors provide are:
- Arranging funeral plans
- Securing necessary permits and death certificates
- Care and custody of the body
- Coordinating all details with the clergy
- Arranging the music you have selected
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in newspapers
- Assisting in arranging for burial or cremation
- Assisting in arrangements for cemetery space, grave opening and closing, flowers and monuments
- Arranging transportation for you and the members of your family prior to, during, and after the funeral
- Supervision of the funeral or memorial service
- All necessary arrangements for transportation, funeral service, and burial if the deceased is to be sent to a distant location
For more information about our Professional Services, please contact us by e-mail or call at (972) 288-4663. We're here to help.